Over my life, I have had a lot of dreams...when I was young, it was to become a doctor. Sometimes it was to be a teacher, a nurse, an army scientist (? - that one didn't last too long), etc. An interesting point about me was that during high school, I didn't have many dreams about who I would spend the rest of my life with. I dated very little in high school, being surrounded by athletes all the time (who were mostly guys) because I was an athletic trainer, so guys mostly annoyed me (and my brothers! :) ). When I went to college, I dated a couple of people - both very nice but just not right.
Then, in my junior year in college, this very interesting guy came to our summer volleyball game at Tech - remember that - on the corner of University and 19th, in the grass, in the early evenings - man I loved those games. He was tall, skinny, cute - and most of all, new! :)
We talked a little that day, became friends, hung out for that fall semester - but honestly, he spent more time with my roommate than with me. But then, Christmas time hit and everyone went home - except myself and him, so we hung out. He asked me to go to Dallas to meet his family *what? we haven't even been on a date yet* but I was game! We had our first kiss on New Years Eve in a little park in Mineral Wells - it was all set at that moment. I knew that night that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him. We got married one year later, to the day.
Today is my husband's birthday - and to me, he represents all my dreams. Those that have come true (Nathan & Natalie) and all those that I haven't even thought about yet. I love him more than anything in this world and I cannot (and will not) imagine my life without him. So, on a day when we celebrate him - I celebrate God answering every prayer I know I prayed and all those I wasn't yet wise enough to pray. My children and I are blessed to have him in our lives - to be lead by him, to be loved by him, to just be with him.
Happy birthday baby - I hope you have a wonderful birthday "week" and many, many, many more to come!
<3
I LOVE this... :)
ReplyDelete